Thanksgiving is this week!! For my non U.S. readers, Thursday is coming! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it mainly deals with food. A lot of people tell me I should hate Thanksgiving because I can’t eat anything. Just because I’m vegan, doesn’t mean I can’t participate! I’ll make a Thanksgiving vegan version, starting off with a Pumpkin Pie. I tried making a Vegan Pumpkin pie last week but that was an absolute fail. Then I tried again, and that was a fail.. again. I was going to give up, but then I realized I really really really want pumpkin pie! I think I finally got the recipe down.
You will Need:
- 1 vegan pie crust
- 1 can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 c. of almond milk (or soy milk)
- 4 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 Tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of coconut cream
Steps to make Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat your oven at 450° degrees
- Let your vegan pie crust defrost (This is very important! Don’t skip this step)
- Mix the pumpkin puree, almond milk, corn starch, and salt into a large bowl.
- Slowly add the Brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, agave nectar, vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut cream into the mixture.
- Once everything is blended, pour the mixture into your pie crust.
- Place your pie into the oven for 45-50 minutes
- Let it cool all of the way then put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, cut a slice and put some coconut whip cream on top! Enjoy!
I really like this recipe and I hope you do to. Thank you for reading today’s post! If you liked today’s post, please click the like button and don’t forget to subscribe! I hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving! I’m #Thankful for you 🙂
P.S. I’m sorry I didn’t post last Thursday. For the past two weeks I wasn’t feeling very well and decided to take a break.
One thought on “Vegan Pumpkin Pie.”
Reblogged this on Heba vs Reason.